Friday, July 10, 2015

Being Adopted: The a Good, The Bad, and The Scary

As many people know, the Lancaster SPCA does not have a good reputation and after adopting a dog from them, I can understand why the rumors started. Cash (his name from the microchip), refuses to eat most the time and doesn't look up at you. But, he is the sweetest, kindest dog you could meet. He knows a lot of commands and when he's not too tired, he follows me around the house. 

The first night, I was able to get him to eat a cup and a half of dry food, but he threw up some of it. Yesterday, he had some chicken broth/chicken puréed to almost a liquid, threw up a little of it, but digested most of it. 

He is slowly getting more trustworthy. I might take him to play fetch somewhere safe. He probably would like that. He only looks me in the eye when I am at eye level so I wonder if he was abused. His skin/hair is in bad condition. Dry, yellow, flaky, skin, but it's getting better with some tlc that the lcspca didn't give him. I just don't understand why they didn't mention he wasn't eating nor given information on feeding him properly. It seems a tad bit dishonest. (They had him for two weeks)

Either way, I will make sure he stays healthy. I won't let the little guy down. :) The vet said 50 lbs and the pet store said 60lbs. Either way, he needs to be around 70-75. Maybe even 80 depending on how much muscle he is building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment