Monday, August 10, 2015

My Weekend Adventure:My First Roadtrip


Cash went on his first road trip to my parents house. This was a bit nerver wracking for us because I am moving in with them soon due to medical problems and their cat hates other animals. Good thing Cash likes car rides! It put him in a good mood! 

When we finally got to my home town, we visited a few places and he even got to play with a cat. 

Everything was working out and my parents cat, Clark, although scared, was more cautious than hostile. We got home in the evening and the next morning was our reunion so we had to get things ready for that. 

The next morning, Cash and I got ready as normal when my Dad left the door open and Cash got out. He ran around all of our neighbors' yards and "marked his territory." He finally stopped about a half hour later, but I wasn't happy and I definitely need to find a place to work on recalls with him. For him, he just wanted to secure the place--he didn't want to run from me. 

After his morning exercise, we left for the reunion. It's by a pond and at first, I was sure that Cash would not be in the pond, but I finally let him run around and swim without a leash. He had a blast and even chased the paddle boat. 

His favorite activity of the day was watching volleyball. He ran back and forth with the ball barking along with the game. I've decided that he's not allowed at soccer games. He'd go insane. 




He made a lot of friends and hopefully, started to get over his fear of toddlers. By the end of the night, I forgot to take him home before the fireworks so I ended the night with a panicked Labrador lapdog. I felt bad, but we both survived.

Sunday, we spent most of the day at home. And Monday, we took a walk around town. Nothing too exciting until later when we visited the cats again! Cash really likes cats. Maybe someday, him and Clark will be friends? Ok, probably not. 

-Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment